Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Protein Brownies - Healthier and So Good

Last week I needed to submit a healthy recipe for my Employee Wellness program. I thought about salads, healthy pastas, and then I started thinking about deserts. So many people think that if you are trying to be healthy you can't have desserts or that you have to use fruit for your desserts. I am not knocking fruit by any means, I love fruit, sometimes too much. Sometimes though, you just need more than fruit.

Sometimes you need CHOCOLATE! So I decided to make healthy brownies. Now I was not going to submit a recipe that I had not tried, so I made K, M and my co-workers be my guinea pigs. Needless to say there was no arguing when you put a pan of brownies in front of someone. Now when you tell them that the brownies are healthy, you get some weird looks, but no one said they were bad and a few went back for seconds (they must be good).

Healthier Protein Brownies 

Based on It Works The Ultimate Brownie

 Ingredients 

  • 16 oz Creamy Roasted Almond Butter 
  • 2 Eggs 
  • 1 1/4 cups Agave Nectar 
  • 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract 
  • 1/2 tsp Salt 
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda 
  • 1/2 cup Mini Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips 
  • 4 scoops Rich Chocolate Ultimate ProFIT 

Directions 

  1. Preheat oven to 325* 
  2. In a large bowl, blend almond butter until smooth 
  3. Blend in eggs (one at a time) 
  4. Blend in agave and vanilla extract 
  5. Blend in Ultimate ProFIT, salt and baking soda 
  6. Fold in chocolate chips 
  7. Grease a 9x13 pan and pour batter into pan 
  8. Bake at 324* for 35-40 minutes 
 Yields 24 brownies

Nutrition Facts

Calories: 199 | Fat (g): 11 | {Saturated (g): 2 | Polyunsaturated (g): 2 | Monounsaturated (g): 6} |
Cholesterol (mg): 18 | Sodium (mg): 191 | Potassium (mg): 131 |
Total Carbs (g): 20 | {Dietary Fiber (g): 2 | Sugars (g): 18} | Protein (g): 6


Chocolate Ultimate ProFIT

Enjoy and God Bless,
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment